AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- The school aims to provide a strong intellectual foundation that prepares students to continue their education further. This is achieved through a curriculum with clear statements of philosophy, aims, and assessment procedures.
- To provide students a positive, stimulating and caring environment encourages the fulfillment of individual potential and the growth of self esteem in all areas: academic, social and personal.
- To encourage the students to engage in open enquiry, creativity, decision making and independence of thought through teaching methodologies which encourage active learning, critical and creative thinking and expression, questioning, reflection and self assessment.
- To create an environment that develops knowledge and respect for different cultures and beliefs, facilitating the ability of students to traverse cultural, regional and social boundaries and to be active and responsible members of the world community.
- To develop within students an attitude of individual responsibility based upon the values of honesty, self-control, equality, care end concern for others.
- We strive to instill in our students, strong personal convictions and right values to motivate their action. To achieve this we inculcate in them them right values, a thirst for truth, a sense of social justice, genuine concern for others and obedience to lawful authority.Love for God & fellowmen.
- To provide an educational environment to foster "the pursuit of excellence" such that every student is given the opportunity to reach maximum scholastic and personal potential.
- The school endeavours to make learning constructive and collaborative using the latest technology available in Media and Information Technology.
- To provide a caring environment in which individual attention is given to the general well-being, academic and personal development of each student and to enhance the total development of character through all aspects of school life.
- To develop values of compassion, tolerance, self-discipline, fair play, respect for all religions and faith, justice and equality, dignity of labour and thirst for knowledge.
- St. Xavier's Senior Secondary School strives to realize the National Goals of Education and has its own true spirit and vision towards it. Our thrust is education for a social change.We Endeavour to teach the disadvantaged which is a Gospel imperative. In the spirit of the Gospel and in fidelity to the teaching of the church and our traditions, we give priority to the cause of the poor, the oppressed and the marginalized.